Monday, December 12, 2011

All the weary mothers of the world . . .

Firefly declined his nap time. I hope to exact payment from him in the form of an early bedtime. And by "early" I mean "on time, like any normal child."

Thing I don't understand: the 180 day school schedule. Munchkin's books usually have lesson plans of 140 or so lessons. I don't know what the other days are. And apparently we're supposed to be doing 180 lessons a year. I have to work every day. Why is it that children don't? And given that children have the memories of goldfish (once round the bowl and they've forgotten everything they ever knew and are seeing the pink stucco castle for the very first time), would it be better to give them shorter lessons more often rather than full days only half of the year?

1 comment:

  1. I think that's the beauty and benefit of homeschooling. If you think your child's learning style is better suited to shorter yet more frequent lessons, go for it! And I must be getting old because some days I have the memory of a goldfish too.

    ReplyDelete