Thursday, January 22, 2009

One for sorrow

My children spend their time either adoring each other, or conspiring against me. Munchkin appears to have some natural affinity to bread. "Bake" is her favorite game.

The other day she made her own bread (Munchkin: FLOUR and WA-ER and GARRIK and RICE. Don't ask me how the garlic and rice got in there), kneaded it, baked it, and ate it. Which makes her arguably more adept in the kitchen than I was until college.

I put it in the oven and took it out, but the rest was her.

This is all my fault. It's hard to get kosher bread here, so I was baking it all when she was born. Now she intends to live on it -- as well as on any other food coloured white. My daughter: food racist?

I wonder if there are any legends of Munchkins eating bread.

The woodland creatures like nursery rhymes:

One for sorrow
Two for mirth
Three for a wedding
Four for a birth
Five for silver
Six for gold
Seven for a secret,
never to be told
Eight for heaven
Nine for hell
Ten for the Devil's
very on sel'

No comments:

Post a Comment